Sunday, May 11, 2014

Documented Life Project...use a rubber stamp in a new way

  Well, I use rubber stamps a lot, but usually only the alphabet stamps to write, so most anything I do would be "new" to me. The trouble was, I was at work and wanted to start on my page, and I didn't have any rubber stamps at the shop. I started with a background of Inktense pencils, spread around with a wet paper towel. Love the colors.
 Then I had to find something to stamp with so I cracked open a Coke, and used the lid. I had a stamp pad that was dye ink, instead of the Staz On that I usually use.
Filled in the circles with Inktense pencils and wet them with a paper towel. That caused the ink from the stamp pad to run as well, but I kind of liked the look. I then inked up the Coke lid again and stamped over them again.
 I used numbers punched from an old calendar to mark the days....
...but I still needed a rubber stamp. I looked around, and found the shop's return address stamp. I've only ever used it on envelopes and our receipts, so using it in the planner counts as "new!" Now my week is ready to go! I'll post a pic once it's all filled in. No tip-in this week. I'm trying to do some pages without them because my planner is full to bursting and it's only May!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Love your page! Don't you love looking at things in a new way all of a sudden??? Great job!