Saturday, August 23, 2014

Playing Catch Up with my Planner

This page was made before I fell behind. The challenge that week was to document what you are thankful for. I also bought some neon paint that week, so of course I had to use it! The little girl and boy are cut from some junk mail envelope.

 These pages start the weeks I'm catching up...thank goodness for facebook, so that I can look back and see what I was doing! The challenge that week was to use book text, and there was already a page from a French book tipped in to my planner that week, so I made it about my dream to visit there one day.
I also wanted to try doing a matte medium transfer, so I used a magazine photo. It turned out pretty well! After I rubbed the paper off the back, it was a little cloudy, but brushing a little more medium over the top cleared it up pretty well.
 This is the other side of the French book page....a quick sketch of the Eiffel Tower, which I hope to see one day!
I filled in the rest with bits of my week, including exploring Hot Springs, AR with Jeff. That middle photo is of a gorgeous stained glass ceiling in a bathhouse in Hot Springs. Hot Springs is one of my favorite places in Arkansas so far.....beautiful town and countryside!

No comments: