Monday, March 02, 2015

Cover up the good stuff.

 This is a page in answer to the Documented Life Project prompt to "cover up the good stuff." I started with a layer of neon colors applied with a credit card.
 Next I added "the good stuff" which was a layer of journaling all over the page, in black pen. I've had a lot of grief and sadness and angst in the last few years, and today I had lots of good things to journal about how so much healing has happened over that time. It's a lot of good stuff that I wondered if I'd ever be able to write. After I journaled sloppily all over, I spread some gesso over it with a credit card to knock it back a bit and "cover up the good stuff."
 Next I covered it up some more with some music paper, underpaper, and a scrap of dictionary page. Then I added in some acrylic paints.
 More acrylics,  including a lot of happy yellow.
 Here's my messy work table.

 Then I doodled with black, white, green, and red paint pens. I like it right here, but I've also toyed with painting over the whole thing with black gesso except for a few large flower shapes masked off. I'll have to think about that.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful page (the green page is nice also).

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Fun to see how you change the page as you go, looks lovely and very spring like!