Sunday, August 23, 2015

Beautiful Faces

I got some new books this week! I'm always excited about that. The "Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces" by Jane Davenport, is about drawing faces from your imagination. I've been having fun learning to draw faces, and I usually look at a picture of someone to draw from, but sometimes, when I'm making a journal page or including a figure in a drawing, I don't need it to look like anyone particular, and I like the idea of creating someone from my imagination.
 The first exercise is to draw a lot of little faces quickly, and I found that to be quite fun! Sometimes this is all I need in a quick sketch where I want to include a person in a scene.
Here are my little girls. They really are little too, because they are drawn in a pocket Moleskine.

No comments: